Quick Tips to Help you Prepare for Your Ghanaian Traditional Engagement
Stages of the Traditional Ghanaian Wedding Ceremony
1. Knocking Ceremony in Ghana
This is the gathering where
– the Groom’s family get to introduce themselves and state their intentions or purpose of visit (ask for the bride’s hand in marriage).
– the bride price or dowry is negotiated.
– the Ghanaian engagement list is given.
2.The Traditional Wedding Ceremony (a.k.a Engagement Ceremony).
This is the ceremony where the bride price is paid and the items on the traditional marriage list are fulfilled.
3. The White Wedding
Usually done in church, any other religious setting or the Court.
Things you are likely to give during a Knocking Ceremony in Ghana are a bottle of Hot drink (Gin, Schapps) and some loose cash to take care of fines and “taxes”
Ghana Traditional Engagement Checklist
- Bride’s Kente Engagement Dress
- Bridal Hairstyle (Hairdresser)
- Groom’s Kente outfit
- Make up Artist
- Engagement rings
- Reception Venue
- Engagement gifts to be given at the Traditional wedding
- where to buy authentic Kente cloth
- traditional Ghanaian wedding attire styles
- Who to make the engagement outfits for bride and groom
- Who can supply and help with the engagement gift wrapping
- Who will bake your Traditional engagement cake
- A hairdresser
- A Venue decorator or florist…
To mention a few…
Post a job on Clipkulture so you can get quick responses from Vendors who can supply you these items or render these services.
It’s 3 easy steps you can complete in 5 minutes:
1. Sign Up
2. Complete your profile
3. Create a board and place it under the “Job Category”, then add your clip
(remember to also check your spam box for the confirmatory link)