You hardly ever see South African rapper, Sho Madjozi without braids in her hair.
We’re happy to report that we managed to capture her wearing 25 adorable braided hairstyles, including beaded braids, fulani braids, cornrows with extensions, and more.
Also, here’s a bit about Sho with thought you’d like to know:
8 Things to Know About Sho Madjozi
- Maya Christinah Xichavo Wegerif, also known as Sho Madjozi, is a rapper, singer, songwriter, actress, and poet.
- She was born on May 9, 1992, in Limpopo, South Africa.
- While her father, Marc Wegerif, is of European ancestry, Madjozi’s mother, Rosemary Phaweni, is of African descent.
- After graduating high school at the International School of Tanganyika in Tanzania, Madjozi was offered a scholarship to Mount Holyoke College in South Hadley, Massachusetts, US, to study creative writing and African studies.
- She began writing poetry while living in the US under the pen name “Maya The Poet.”
- Madjozi’s first studio album, Limpopo Champions League, was released on December 14th, 2018.
- In July 2019, Madjozi was named by Forbes magazine amongst the 30 under 30 creatives category list for her contribution to the music and entertainment sector
- She’s a linguist, speaking English, Afrikaans, Tshivenda, Zulu, Kiswahili, French…
If you’re thinking of how to style or back your braids, this is one celebrity to watch: